Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Mazatapec by Mondo®
The Mazatec Indians harvested the Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Mazatapec by Mondo® spore in Huautle de Jimenez, Mexico. It’s a fungus utilized by the Mazatec Indians in Shaman rituals to treat pain. The Mazatec Indians of Mexico were the ones who popularized psilocybe mushrooms by cultivating Psilocybe Cubensis Mazatapec.
Mazatec was the original name for this psilocybe mushroom, but since a mushroom hunter misspelled it, it became Mazatapec. After just a year, the internet mushroom community had already dubbed the Mazatec the Mazatapec.
- Cultivation difficulty: Easy
- Potency: Moderate to potent
- Fruiting time: 14 – 21 days
- Fruiting temperature: 23 – 26 Celsius
Meet the new standard of Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Mazatapec by Mondo®
The Psilocybe cubensis Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Mazatapec by Mondo® differs somewhat from previous grow kits you may have tried. This is only seen in the substrate formula and is a well guarded secret. Even not with us!
You do not need to utilize any more spores, like with the previous and other quick grow kits. The spores evolved into mycelium within the substrate (the cake) in the grow box during the laboratory procedure. Mycelium has colonized the substrate completely and is ready to develop mushrooms.
Years of research and development have culminated in the newest generation of Mondo® Mazatapec Magic Mushroom grow kits. The Mondo® Grow Kit Mazatapec is now better than ever. In comparison to the first generation of Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® Mazatapec Grow Kit, the second generation includes:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x grow bag – The bag has a micron filter to keep contaminants out
- 1x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Mazatapec’ Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, microorganisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Mazatapec’ Magic Mushroom grow kit and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the Grow process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let it soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid and store it in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Mazatapec’ Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Mazatapec’ Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziploc with lid.
24°C is the optimal temperature. The temperature should not go below 18°C and should not rise over 29°C. You may use a Thermo Heatingmat to prevent the temperature from going below 18°C. In the winter or colder places of the globe, a thermo mat is a must-have.
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® Mazatapec Magic Mushroom Grow Kit requires just light to ‘understand’ that it has reached the surface. Only then will mushrooms sprout.
A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunshine each day is sufficient. Because direct sunlight destroys mycelium, keep the sun away from the grow kit.
Misting / Water
You begin misting the day after you begin the treatment. Remove the paperclip from the grow bag to open it. Spray once against each edge of the bag rather than immediately on the cake. So you mist four times a day. Misting also allows new oxygen to enter the bag. Close the bag with the paperclip immediately after misting.
Mushrooms If the circumstances are favorable, the first little mushrooms (the pins) should develop between 5 and 16 days.
This is also determined by the strain. Some cubensis strains mature at a slower rate than others. They grow quickly, and you may anticipate a harvest of mushrooms within a few days.
The mushrooms appear in clusters. This group might be tiny or huge. That is determined by the strain. A flush is a kind of growth like this. Mushrooms virtually seldom ripen all at once.
A kit may provide more than one flush. The first two flushes are the most significant. More flushes will follow, each one smaller than the last.
Mushrooms are ripe and should be picked when the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn. Don’t wait much longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms.
- Pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow.
- Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between thumb and index finger. Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go.
- Do not pull out the mushrooms. This would risk damaging the mycelium and killing it.
When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms grow where the light reaches and where there is little penetrating resistance. Because the cake has light shining on the sides, the mushrooms might also grow there. It is hard to counter this and can be allowed. Some growers wrap the sides of the grow box in aluminum foil to keep the sides dark, but this doesn’t always work well.
When mushrooms grow there, they can be picked just before you soak the kit:
- Clean your hands!
- Take the grow box out of the bag and place it upside down on your other hand.
- Wiggle the plastic box so that the cake will fall out, onto your hand.
- The plastic box can be placed on a disinfectant surface.
- Now you have this hand free to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake.
- When all mushrooms are picked, you can place the cake back as it was, in the plastic box and continue to the soaking process.
After you’ve harvested all of the mushrooms, you’ll need to prepare the kit for the next flush. Remove the grow box from the grow bag using sanitized hands or gloves.
Fill the box halfway with clean, potable water. Remove the ziplock bag lid and use it to shut the grow box. Place the unopened grow box in a soaking bag or wrap it in your own clean plastic shopping bag.
Close it tightly and store it in the fridge (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is known as the soaking process. Water will now be absorbed by the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
You may hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry while it is soaking. Hang it upside down to prevent bacteria from entering the bag. After each flush, many growers like to utilize fresh and unused grow bags.
After 12 hours, remove the soaking bag containing the grow box from the refrigerator and unpack it.
Following that, flush
To proceed, repeat steps 3 through 7 as you did when you originally began the procedure. A fresh flush will occur a few days later. A Psilocybe cubensis ‘Mazatapec’ Magic mushroom grow kit will yield at least two or three flushes. If you have cultivating experience, you can get more flushes out of a kit.
When no additional mushrooms grow out of a grow kit for at least three weeks following the second flush, or when the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Mazatapec’ Magic Mushroom grow kit becomes green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit may be discarded.
The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacterium. The Psilocybe cubensis ‘Mazatapec’ Magic mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and the grow kit should be discarded outdoors in the trash.
Spores If you select the mushrooms too late, they will shed their spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will become black/purple (some other cubensis strains may turn red/brown).
This isn’t a big deal; it simply doesn’t look very nice. When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
This kit is meant for small-scale home use only.
|Grow Kit type||Mondo|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||23ºC|
|Yield (from)||100 grams|
|Yield (to)||300 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|