Mushroom Substrate Kit XL | Sterile Substrate for mushroom cultivation
The Mushroom Substrate Kit XL can be thought as soil for a plant. This sterilised substrate needs to be inoculated with our liquid cultures obtained from spores.
Mushroom Substrate Kit XL contains
- Container with 2100 cc / ml sterile substrate mix
- Liquid Culture 1 x 25 ml
- Injection port
- Fruiting Bag with Filter
- Alcohol swap
Sterilised substrate with a moisture content: 60-65%. A mixture of whole oat, vermiculite, perlite and Gypsum.
Recommeded products to use
- Liquid Culture
- Spore syringe
- Spore Vial
- Face mask
- Desinfectant handgel
Always store your substrate kit in a clean refrigerator ! We recommend to use the substrate kit as soon as possible. The kit can be kept under refrigerated conditions for up to 6 weeks.
How to use a Mushroom Substrate Kit XL : Instructions
Phase 1 – Prepare the Liquid Culture
Wash your hands and clean the working area! .
- Shake the spore vial or syringe very good to make sure all spores are floating.
- Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swap.
- Inject 2 ml of spore solution in the Liquid culture
Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 days Store the inoculated liquid culture in a place between 23-27 degrees Celsius. The liquid culture is ready when you see a cloud floating in the suspension. This is mycelium..
Your Liquid culture is ready, It is called the Master Culture, if used and stored properly you can have lots of mycelium from only a bit of spores..
- If the liquid is murky, it means there is a contamination and the culture is unusable.
- If you don’t use the liquid culture for 10 days, store it in the refrigerator
Phase 2 – Inoculation
- Wash your hands and clean your working area
- Clean injection site of the sterilized substrate and liquid culture
- Retract 10ml (1200 CC kit) or 25 ml (2100 CC) from the liquid culture
- Inject spore suspension, through the injection site of the kit
- After inoculation turn and shake the box 360 degrees in all directions
- store the kit in a dark place with temperature between 23 °-27°C
After inoculation, you’ll see mycelium form. A white fungus will gradually fill the sterilized substrate. This can take up to 2-3 weeks depending on the temperature.
Phase 3 – Fruiting and Spore collection
Please bear in mind that in your nation, fruiting mushrooms may be prohibited. Before proceeding, always verify your local laws.
When the substrate has been completely colonized, it is time to start developing the fruits so that you may harvest mushroom spores or mushroom tissue to continue your study or cultivation.
|SKU (Reference Number)||MCS.GKADV.BUNDL-XL|
|growkit type||No mycelium|
|Power||n / d|
|Optimum growing temperature||25ºC|
|Harvest (Min)||50 grams|
|Harvest (Max)||1000 grams|
|water sprayer needed||Yeah|