Mckennaii Fresh Magic Mushroom Kit
Growing Mckennaii Fresh Magic Mushroom Kit is really simple. Because of the fully colonized substrate and the absence of fillers, these kits need no care. You don’t have to do much to obtain your first flush with high psilocin levels. Follow the directions below to ensure a plentiful harvest of mushrooms!
- Fast growing: 1 week to first pins
- High yields: Up to 4 flushes. (in ideal conditions)
- High Potency: According the supplier the XP (Extra Potent) strains are twice as potent!
Contents of Mckennaii Fresh Magic Mushroom Kit
- 1x Mckennaii Fresh Magic Mushroom Kit box – This contains rye substrate with active mycelium
- 1x Growbag – The bag has filters across the bag.
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring micro organisms that can contaminate the Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, micro organisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Instructions: Starting the Mckennaii Fresh Magic Mushroom Kit
- Take the magic mushroom grow kit, plastic bag and paperclip out of the box. Remove the lid of the mushroom grow kit (store the lid properly). Rinse the lid under running water. You will need it again later (step 7).
- Place the mushroom grow kit without lid in the plastic grow bag (opening at the top). Slide the opening of the bag under the bottom with the micro perforation pointing upwards. The opening of the bag is now largely closed. You do not have to worry about air circulation.
- When you see the first small mushrooms ( called pins), you can put the grow bag upright. Do not water! The first magic mushrooms will be visible after about 1 week.
- Place the mushroom grow kit in an area with enough daylight and at a temperature between 18 °C and 28 °C. NEVER place the grow kit in direct sunlight. Although mushrooms will grow at almost any temperature above 15 °C, 23 °C is the ideal temperature for an optimal harvest. Special heat mats are available to ensure this temperature and not have to heat the entire room.
- When the mushrooms are slightly bigger as the pins keep the bag a bit open the entire time so the moisture can evaporate (Phase 2). Too much moisture is not good.
After about a week, the first mushrooms will appear. Your first harvest will come around one week later. Make certain to harvest before the first spores fall! Freshmushroom grow kits yield their first crop rather rapidly.
After barely one week, the first buds are evident. Low and high temperatures may cause its development to be somewhat delayed. The mushrooms normally take one to two weeks to completely mature.
- These kits can produce several mushroom harvests. To do so, fill the kit with clean tap water after the first harvest. This process is known as cold shock. It breathes new life into the mycelium and ensures that enough moisture is present for the mushrooms to grow.
- Place the lid of the grow Kit back on the kit. Let the kit rest for 12 hours. Open a corner of the lid and drain the excess water. From here you can follow the instructions from step 1 again. This process can be repeated several times.
Growing with a heatingmat (use only for this brand)
Place the plastic bag containing the Grow Kit on the heat pad. Turn on the heat mat. After two days, turn off the heat pad and wait for the buds to form, which normally takes between five and ten days. Then, turn on the heat mat again and slightly unzip the top of the bag to allow the moisture to evaporate.
What should you do if the buds haven’t formed after 10 days? Remove the cake from the plastic box, place it back in the plastic box on its side, and repeat the two-day process with the heat mat.
How to Properly Store a Grow KitIt is advised to begin the cultivation process as soon as possible. If you want to start growing later, you may keep the magic mushroom grow kit in a Soaking Bag in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for up to 4 weeks following the manufacture date.
Temperature 24°C is the optimal temperature. The temperature should not go below 18°C and should not rise over 29°C. Use a thermo mat to keep the temperature above 18°C. In the winter or colder places of the globe, a thermo mat is a must-have.
The mycelium in the magic mushroom grow kit simply need light to ‘understand’ that it has reached the surface. Only then will mushrooms sprout. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunshine each day is sufficient. Because direct sunlight destroys mycelium, keep the sun away from the grow kit.
Mushrooms If the circumstances are favorable, the first little mushrooms (the pins) should develop between 7 and 10 days. This is also determined by the strain. Some cubensis strains mature at a slower rate than others.
The mushrooms appear in clusters. This group might be tiny or huge. That is determined by the strain. A flush is a kind of growth like this. Mushrooms virtually seldom ripen all at once.
A kit may provide more than one flush. The first two flushes are the most significant. More flushes will follow, each one smaller than the last.
When the veil between the hat and the stem has barely torn, the mushrooms are ripe and ready to be plucked. Don’t put it off any longer. Put on medical gloves or clean your hands, wrists, and arms. Pick just the ripe mushrooms and let the rest to develop.
There is no top layer of vermiculite on the cake. This makes picking the mushrooms much simpler than with ordinary grow kits. Holding the mushrooms between your thumb and index finger, you can simply take them out of the cake. They mushroom almost quickly let go. Pick the tiny mushrooms and pins once you’ve chosen the majority of the bigger mushrooms.
Mckennaii Fresh Magic Mushroom Kit that sprout on the sides
Mushrooms thrive when there is enough light and minimal penetrating resistance. Because the sun shines on the edges of the cake, mushrooms may grow there as well. This is difficult to dispute and is permissible. To keep the edges of the grow box dark, some gardeners cover them in aluminum foil, although this doesn’t always work.
When mushrooms grow there, collect them immediately before soaking the kit:
Hands are clean! Remove the grow box from the bag and set it on your other hand, upside down. Wiggle the plastic box until the cake falls out and into your palm. Place the plastic box on a disinfecting surface.
You may now pluck the mushrooms off the edges of the cake with this hand. When all of the mushrooms have been selected, return the cake to the plastic box and resume the soaking procedure.
After the second flush, if no additional mushrooms grow out of a grow kit for at least three weeks, or if the Magic Mushroom grow kit becomes green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit may be discarded.
The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacterium. The Psilocybe cubensis Magic mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and the grow kit should be discarded outdoors in the trash.
Spores If you select the mushrooms too late, they will shed their spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will become black/purple (some other cubensis strains may turn red/brown).
This isn’t a big deal; it simply doesn’t look very nice. When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
|Grow Kit type||FreshMushrooms|
|Potency||Average / High|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||24ºC|
|Yield (from)||100 grams|
|Yield (to)||300 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|