McKennaii Magic mushrooms grow kit XL GetMagic
The GetMagic kit contains 2100 ml of colonized substrate that is ready to grow your own McKennaii Magic mushrooms grow kit XL GetMagic. Includes grow bag and paperclips. Easy set up, multiple flushes and a high yield!
Please feel free to read more about: storage, instructions, do’s and dont’s, picking and harvesting and soaking.
This will help you to grow successful and produce large yields of potent mushrooms.
What’s in the box?
We recommend using
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How do I store the McKennaii Magic mushrooms grow kit XL GetMagic?
Do not store your grow kit longer than 2-3 weeks
We suggest that you begin growing your mushroom grow kit immediately away. If you wish to grow later, do not keep your grow kit for more than 2-3 weeks after it was manufactured.
Keep in a cool location.
Always keep the mushroom growing kit in the fridge (2°C to 4°C). The manufacture date and the two digits of the week number are printed on the cardboard box.
Keep contamination to a minimum.
Make sure your refrigerator is clean and clear of germs, yeasts, and other contaminants. To be safe, place the culture kit in a clean plastic bag and carefully seal it.
- 1Wash your hands thoroughly and clean the outside of the growkit with a dry cloth. Remove the lid and save it for step 2
- 2Fill the growkit to the edge with lukewarm water (20°C), put the lid back on the growkit and let it soak for 5 minutes.Important: never soak the growkit for more than 1 hour!
- 3Remove the lid from the growkit and drain the water well. Let the growkit drain for 10 seconds.
- 4Place the growkit in the growbag and fill the growbag with a cup (200-250ml) of lukewarm water (20°C). Then fold the top of the bag and close it with 2 paperclips.
- 5Place the growkit in a place with 20-25°C average room temperature. Make sure that the growkit is not in direct sunlight, not under a lamp and not near a radiator/heat source.
Important: the bag must remain closed until the first pinheads form. Until then the CO2 content and humidity inside the bag should be as high as possible.
- 6When the first pinheads* are visible, let some fresh air into the growbag on a daily basis (for a few minutes) and then moisten the growkit with a misting bottle.
*Pinheads are the first visible forms of tiny mushroom caps. It can take 10 to 20 days for the first pinheads to be visible.
- 7The mushrooms can be harvested just before the membranes on the bottom of the cap open up. While harvesting gently grasp the stem and turn it left/right. When the mushroom becomes loose, pull it out as carefully as possible.
Important: the mushroom must be completely removed so that there is room for a new one.
- 8Congratulations, the harvest is complete. It is now possible to grow a new flush of mushrooms by repeating steps 1 to 7 again.
Read the following do’s and dont’s for a successful grow.
Despite the fact that mushroom grow kits are easy to use and generally risk-free, we have outlined the most important aspects for you. Only a few examples include temperature, light, humidity, the first mushrooms, and the growth cycle.
The ideal temperature for mushroom growth is 24°C. The temperature should not fall below 20°C or increase over 29°C. You may use a Thermo Heatingmat to keep the temperature above 20°C. A thermo mat is essential in the winter or in colder parts of the world.
Light is all that is required for the mycelium in the magic mushroom kit to ‘understand’ that it has reached the surface. Then and only then will mushrooms emerge. Each day, a few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight is adequate. Because direct sunlight damages mycelium, keep the grow kit away from the sun.
The first pins emerge, and the misting starts. To open the grow bag, remove the paperclip. Spray once on each edge of the bag before spraying the cake. As a result, you mist four times every day. Misting also enables fresh oxygen into the bag. After misting, quickly close the bag with a paperclip.
FAE is an abbreviation for frequent air exchange.
Maintain a firm grip on the grow bag until the first pins emerge; CO2 levels should be as high as possible to induce pinning. After pinning, unzip the bag 1-2 times each day to enable fresh air to enter. Open and shut the bag, forcing out the air and allowing new air to enter.
The original shrooms!
If the growth conditions are excellent, the first little mushrooms (pins) should appear between 10 and 20 days. The strain also has an impact on this. Some strains of Cubensis develop more slowly than others. It might take another week to reach maturity. A growth cycle might take up to 4-5 weeks.
The mushrooms emerge in groups. A flush is a kind of growth similar to this. A kit could include more than one flush. The first two flushes have the biggest impact. There will be more flushes, each one smaller than the previous.Picking and harvesting
When the veil between the hat and the stem is about to or has just ripped, pick the mushrooms. The mushrooms will lose their spores if you wait too long. Pick just the ripe mushrooms and let the rest to mature. The option is to remove all of the mushrooms and start again.
How to pick your mushrooms:
- Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms.
- Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between thumb and index finger.
- Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go.
Do not pull out the mushrooms. This would risk damaging the mycelium and killing it. When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms grow where the light reaches and where there is little penetrating resistance. Because the cake has light shining on the sides, the mushrooms might also grow there. You have a few options:
- Darken the sides of the kit by putting it in the cardboard box.
- Spray the top soil a bit to stimulate more growth on the top
- Do nothing and let them grow
After all the mushrooms are harvested, you prepare the kit for the next flush. Disinfected your hands or use gloves; take the grow box out of the grow bag.
- Fill the container with lukewarm water (20°C)
- Take the lid use it to close the container.
- Let it soak for 5 – 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and drain the water
- Place the growkit in the growbag and fill the growbag with a cup (200-250ml) of lukewarm water (20°C)
This is called the soaking process. Water will now soak through the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
During the soaking you can hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry. Many growers prefer to use new and unused grow bags after every flush.
To proceed, repeat steps 2 through 7 as you did when you originally began the procedure. A fresh flush will occur a few days later. A grow kit can provide at least two flushes. The initial flush is often the largest.
After the second flush, if no additional mushrooms grow out of your grow kit for at least 5-6 weeks, or if the grow kit becomes green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit may be discarded.The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacterium. The mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and it should be discarded in the trash or in your yard.
When you pluck the mushrooms too late, they will shed their spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will become black/purple (some other cubensis strains may turn red/brown). This isn’t a big deal; it simply doesn’t look very nice.
When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.
Origin: Unknowns, possibly USA
Cap: 20-50 mm, Brow (yellow) brown when the mushroom matures,
Stem: 40 -125 mm, medium ot large in size, bruises green blue when touched
Spores: Dark purple brown, 11.5–17 x 8–11 µm, subellipsoid, basidia 4-spored
Substrate: PF Tek and BRF, Rye grain, Straw and Dung
About GetMagic Grow kits
GetMagic mushroom grow kits contain everything you need for growing magic mushrooms at home;
- a grow bag
- ready to grow mushroom substrate
- and clips to close the bag
The GetMagic grow kits bring back the cool of multilayer magic mushroom grow kits from the past.
The mycelium is completely colonized, with perlite below and a vermiculite layer on top.
These layers keep the kit damp and make it simple to maintain ideal conditions.
The GetMagic grow kit will need your assistance, love, and positive vibes to attain its full potential.
Simply add water and you will be rewarded with a big production of mushrooms in 2-4 weeks.
* This kit is meant for small-scale home use only. Do not use for human consumption. Use for spore reproduction and research only.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
|Grow Kit type||No|
|Potency||Average / High|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||24ºC|
|Yield (from)||200 grams|
|Yield (to)||800 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|